Best Buy Contest
JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Best Buy Promotion
1. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Best Buy Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes event and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the “Sponsor”). To enter participants are required to register for the JDRF Walk and: (a) fundraise at least $100 CDN online between February 7, 2018 and April 17, 2018 or (b) email a 250 word essay on Type 1 diabetes to firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Contest Email”). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 17, 2018. Void where prohibited by law.
For the Best Buy promotion: The promotional period for the Best Buy draw starts at 12:00 a.m. EDT on February 7, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 17, 2018 11:59 p.m. EDT (Prize Promotional Period”)
3. HOW TO ENTER
- Participants must be legal residents of Canada. The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion: JDRF staff.
- Participants who are under the age of majority in his/her province or territory, as applicable, of residence at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Promotion and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such participant.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Register as a participant in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes event (the “Event and fundraise at least $100 CDN online during the Best Buy Prize Promotional Period to be eligible for the draw for the Best Buy Prize. Alternatively, to enter the draw to win the Best Buy Prize, a participant can email a 250 word essay on Type 1 diabetes
to the Contest Email. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 17, 2018 to be eligible.
4. THE PRIZE
Best Buy prize:
5. ODDS OF WINNING
- The Prize consists of $160 in gift cards from Best Buy.
- The Best Buy Prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The Best Buy Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- The Winner is required to answer a mathematical skill testing question before being awarded the Best Buy Prize.
The odds of winning the Best Buy Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Best Buy Prize Promotional Period.
The Best Buy Prize Draw will take place on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4Y8. The Winner will be notified by phone and email within seven (7) days. The Winner must contact JDRF to receive the Best Buy Prize by December 1, 2018.
7. GENERAL PROVISONS
- By entering into the Promotion, any subsequent Best Buy Prize winner agrees to allow the free use of their name and image for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes event and its sponsors.
- JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and the Sponsor accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Best Buy Prize.
- JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and the Sponsor reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and the Sponsor in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and the Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries, for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in computer systems used to enter the Promotion, for any other communications with Promotion entrants, and are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted to the JDRF website. JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes and the Sponsor assume no liability for any loss or damage, in the event that the Promotion is modified or terminated for any reason.
- The Winner must complete a Best Buy Prize release form and answer a skill testing question in order to qualify to redeem the Best Buy Prize.
By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, as the Sponsor deem necessary, to facilitate the administration of the Promotion, contacting selected entrants, awarding and delivering the prizes to the Winners and promoting the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Promotion Rules. Each participant also agrees that, if he or she is declared a Winner, the Sponsor may use his/her name, city of residence and/or photograph, without compensation, in any future publicity in connection with the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.