The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF is a collective rally that brings together thousands of people whose lives are touched by T1D every day. If you would like to join the rally, by lending a helping hand on event day, there are lots of great volunteer opportunities, including:
- Monitor and ensure that participants arrive at the march on time.
- Lead participants as needed.
- Monitor and ensure participants enter the Walk Area at the correct time.
- Provide direction to the participants, as necessary.
Food & Refreshment Area
- Ensure all Walkers and volunteers receive food and snacks throughout the day.
- Monitor and restock food and snacks.
Fundraising Rewards Area
- Verification and distribution of fundraising rewards to Walk participants.
- Oversee event volunteers when they sign in.
- Operate the information booth for participants.
- Bring your camera and take photographs throughout the event of individual teams, key individuals and special Walk elements (cheque presentations, etc.).
- Process participant pledge forms.
- Report top Walker and team results to the Staging Area on the hour throughout the day.
Set-Up and Take-Down
- Assist JDRF in the set-up of this event either the day before or early morning of the event.
- Tear down includes packing up the event and reloading the truck with materials and props.
VIP Lounge (where applicable)
- Provide assistance and service to the top fundraisers in an exclusive area.