Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF Flight Contest
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF Flight Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF event and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the “Sponsor”). To enter participants are required to be a registered participant for the Walk and fundraise a minimum of $500 online by 11:59pm on June 7, 2019.
There is one (1) flight prize (the “Prize”) available to be won nationally. Void where prohibited by law.
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The contest period for the Flight Contest starts on January 18, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 7, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to all Canadian Residents of Canada who:
3. HOW TO ENTER
- have reached the age of majority in their province of residence or, if under the age of majority in their province of residence, who have a parent or legal guardian who is willing to accept the Prize and Contest rules and regulations for and on behalf of such participant in the event that they win a Prize; and
- are not (i) employees or agents of the Sponsor and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies; (ii) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Contest; and (iii) persons who are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Participants must register in the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and fundraise a minimum of $500 online to their individual fundraising for their event (the “Event”) by June 7, 2019 and be entered to win the Prize.
4. THE PRIZE
In the event of a dispute, all participants shall deemed to be the owner of the email account that is listed on the personal fundraising campaign registration required to enter the Contest.
There is one (1) Prize to be won in the Contest, consisting of two (2) round-trip economy flights anywhere in Canada/U.S.A. except Hawaii and Alaska. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,500.00 CDN (one thousand five hundred Canadian dollars). Travel must be booked within one year from the date the winner is notified.The following applies to the Prize:
- the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the stated Prize or Prizes become unavailable for reasons not related to the winner;
- any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using their Prize will be the responsibility of the winner;
- the Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not redeemable for cash or any other prize;
- the Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner;
- each winner is required to answer a mathematical skill testing question before being awarded the Prize; and
- JDRF will cover the shipping costs of the Prize to addresses within Canada only.
5. ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received within the Contest Period.
To determine the winner of the Prize, eligible participants will be entered into a random draw nationally. The draw to select the individual winner of the Prize will take place on June 14, 2019 at 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4Y8 (the “Prize Draw”).
The Winner will be notified by phone and email within seven (7) days of the draws. The winner will be announced before June 25, 2019. In order to receive the Prize and prior to receiving the Prize, the Contest winner must:
- contact JDRF to receive the Prize by December 1, 2019;
- correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical, time-limited, skills testing question; and
- sign a release form confirming acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor and its affiliates from any liability relating to the Prize.
The Sponsor will make three attempts to contact selected entrant. If such attempts are unsuccessful, or if the selected entrant does not respond by December 1, 2019, the selected entrant will forfeit his or her Prize and another entrant will be selected.
7. GENERAL PROVISONS
- By entering into the Contest, subject to applicable law, any Prize winner agrees to allow the free use of their name and image for publicity and news purposes during this and future contests or promotions by the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF event and its sponsors.
- The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the Prize.
- Subject to the approval of the Quebec Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Contest with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor in all matters relating to the Contest is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries, for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in computer systems used to enter the Contest, for any other communications with Contest entrants, and are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted to the JDRF website. Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor assume no liability for any loss or damage, in the event that the Contest is modified or terminated for any reason.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the Prize.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the rules and regulations of this Contest and disclosure or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the rules and regulations of this Contest shall prevail, govern and control.
By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, as the Sponsor deem necessary, to facilitate the administration of the Contest, contacting selected entrants, awarding and delivering the prize to the Winner and promoting the Contest and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and regulations. Each participant also agrees that, if he or she is declared a Winner, the Sponsor may use his/her name, city of residence and/or photograph, without compensation, in any future publicity in connection with the Contest and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.