Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF Take Your Fundraising to the Max Contest
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF Take Your Fundraising to the Max Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF event and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the “Sponsor”). To enter participants are required to register and fundraise $3000 as a team or Individut by June 9, 2023, at 9amPST/12pmEDT to be entered to win. Once $3,000 is raised by the team or Individual registrant, participants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the contest. Three (3) winners will be selected based on a random draw of all eligible participants.
1. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The prize is an opportunity to connect via Facetime or phone with Max Domi, JDRF National Ambassador and NHL Superstar. There are three (3) opportunities available to be won nationally. The value of the prize is priceless ($0 value). Void where prohibited by law.
The promotional period for the Take Your Fundraising to the Max Contest
starts on January 24, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and ends at 11:59 a.m. EST on June 9, 2023 (the “Promotional Period
The Promotion is open to all Canadian Residents of Canada who:
3. HOW TO ENTER
- have reached the age of majority in their province of residence or, if under the age of majority in their province of residence, who have a parent or legal guardian who is willing to accept the Prize and Promotion terms and conditions for and on behalf of such participant in the event that they win a Prize; and
- are not (i) employees or agents of the Sponsor and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies; (ii) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Promotion; and (iii) persons who are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Participants register online for the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and raise a minimum $3,000 as a team or Individual registrant before June 9, 2023 to win.
4. THE PRIZE
There are three (3) prizes to be won in the Promotion. The prize is a chance to speak via Facetime or by phone with JDRF National Ambassador and NHL Superstar, Max Domi, for 10 minutes on Sunday, June 11, 2023, at a pre-scheduled time between 9:30amEDT-12:30pmEDT, in English only. Total retail value of the prize is priceless ($0):
5. ODDS OF WINNING
- the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the stated Prize or Prizes become unavailable for reasons not related to the winner;
- any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using their Prize will be the responsibility of the winner;
- the Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner, but the winner can choose who has the conversation with Max Domi;
- each winner is required to answer a mathematical skill testing question before being awarded the Prize; and
- The winner must be available during the time period identified.
The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received within the Promotional Period.
A random draw will determine the winners. The draw will take place on June 9, 2023at 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4Y8 (the “Prize Draw
The Winners will be notified by phone and email by end of day on June 9. The winners will be announced before June 11, 2023
In order to receive the Prize and prior to receiving the Prize, Promotion winners must:
- contact JDRF to receive the Prize by June 10, 2023, 3pm EDT;
- correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical, time-limited, skills testing question; and
- sign a release form confirming acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor and its affiliates from any liability relating to the Prize.
The Sponsor will make three attempts to contact selected entrants. If such attempts are unsuccessful, or if the selected entrants does not respond by June 10, 3pmEDT, the selected entrant will forfeit his or her Prize and another entrants will be selected.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- By entering into the Promotion, subject to applicable law, any Prize winner agrees to allow the free use of their name and image for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF event and its sponsors.
- The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Prize.
- Subject to the approval of the Quebec Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries, for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in computer systems used to enter the Promotion, for any other communications with Promotion entrants, and are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted to the JDRF website. Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor assume no liability for any loss or damage, in the event that the Promotion is modified or terminated for any reason.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Promotion, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the Prizes.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosure or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, as the Sponsor deem necessary, to facilitate the administration of the Promotion, contacting selected entrants, awarding and delivering the prizes to the Winners and promoting the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Promotion terms and conditions. Each participant also agrees that, if he or she is declared a Winner, the Sponsor may use his/her name, city of residence and/or photograph, without compensation, in any future publicity in connection with the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
10. QUEBEC RESIDENTS
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.