Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF Explore the Walk Environment Contest
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF Explore the Walk Environment Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF event and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the “Sponsor”). To enter participants are required to log in to the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF virtual Walk environment between June 14th and June 28th, take an action(s) with one or more of our National Sponsor Fair or Sponsor Fair Exhibitors to be entered to win.. One (1) winner will be selected based on logging in during the Contest Period and taking one or more of the following actions: virtual badge swipe, downloading content or watching a video within a National Sponsor Fair or Sponsor Fair Exhibitor booth.
There is one (1) prize $500 e-gift card available to be won nationally. Void where prohibited by law.
1. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The promotional period for the Explore the Walk Environment Contest starts on June 14, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 28, 2021 (the “Promotional Period”).
The Sponsor is open to all Canadian Residents of Canada who:
3. HOW TO ENTER
- have reached the age of majority in their province of residence or, if under the age of majority in their province of residence, who have a parent or legal guardian who is willing to accept the Prize and Promotion terms and conditions for and on behalf of such participant in the event that they win a Prize; and
- are not (i) employees or agents of the Sponsor and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies; (ii) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Promotion; and (iii) persons who are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Participants log in to the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF virtual Walk environment between June 14th and June 28th and interact with a National Sponsor Fair or Sponsor Fair Exhibitor by taking an action(s) such a swiping a virtual badge, downloading content or watching a video within a Sponsor booth to be entered to win the prize.
4. THE PRIZE
There is one (1) Prize to be won in the Promotion. $500 e-gift card, winner can select to receive their gift card value from Amazon Canada, Boston Pizza, The Bay, Best Buy Canada or Cineplex. Total retail value of $500.
5. ODDS OF WINNING
- The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the stated Prize or Prizes become unavailable for reasons not related to the winner; a. any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using their Prize will be the responsibility of the winner;
- the Prize can be accepted as awarded or the winner can request the cash value of the prize.
- the Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner;
- each winner is required to answer a mathematical skill testing question before being awarded the Prize; and
- JDRF will cover the shipping costs of the Prize to addresses within Canada only.
The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received within the Promotional Period.
To determine the winner of each Prize, a report from the virtual Walk environment will be pulled to determine the actions taken during the contest period. A random draw will determine the winner. The draw will take place on June 29, 2021 at 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4Y8 (the “Prize Draw
The Winner will be notified by phone and email within seven (7) days of the draw. The winner will be announced before July 16, 2021.
In order to receive the Prize and prior to receiving the Prize, Promotion winner must:
- contact JDRF to receive the Prize by September 7, 2021;
- correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical, time-limited, skills testing question; and
- sign a release form confirming acceptance of the Prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor and its affiliates from any liability relating to the Prize.
The Sponsor will make three attempts to contact selected entrants. If such attempts are unsuccessful, or if the selected entrant does not respond by September 7, 2021, the selected entrant will forfeit his or her Prize and another entrant will be selected.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- By entering into the Promotion, subject to applicable law, any Prize winner agrees to allow the free use of their name and image for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF event and its sponsors.
- The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Prize.
- Subject to the approval of the Quebec Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries, for any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in computer systems used to enter the Promotion, for any other communications with Promotion entrants, and are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted to the JDRF website. Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF and the Sponsor assume no liability for any loss or damage, in the event that the Promotion is modified or terminated for any reason.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Promotion, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the Prizes.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosure or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information, as the Sponsor deem necessary, to facilitate the administration of the Promotion, contacting selected entrants, awarding and delivering the prizes to the Winners and promoting the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Promotion terms and conditions. Each participant also agrees that, if he or she is declared a Winner, the Sponsor may use his/her name, city of residence and/or photograph, without compensation, in any future publicity in connection with the Promotion and the Sponsor’s related registration activities.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
10. QUEBEC RESIDENTS
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.